Friday, September 17, 2010

MULCH for CONCRETE - #2




L A U S   K A U S


I take comfort in my vices. It’s the only thing that keeps me going. There is no one else to sooth me, to calm, to give me safe harbor. If I crave booz, so what? If I smoke a joint, who cares? If I pop a pill…or a hooker, or even a housewife, what’s the difference? Let me be. I don’t have a virgin mary or a mother theresa to save my soul. It’s too late and frankly I don’t care. It is My self destruction, it is my Own disillusion. It is my garden of sin so don’t come tromping in with your heavy boots and expect that you will save me. I don’t require salvation. Move along. Find another lost soul who might ask directions to shelter, I am not looking. I have mine. Label me a lost cause and move along. Shake your head in disbelief, but bear no sadness or regret. You do not owe me a thing and I expect nothing. You are not your brother’s keeper and I am not your brother. Move along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment