Friday, May 11, 2012

Last Jive



Sitting in on the rambling ranting of a bitter ol’ man:

There’s too many of ‘em so there’s no fighting back. Be done-crushed under the heavy wheel. The heavy wheel don’t stop for no man. The heavy wheel don’t stop.

What’s that noise? HA!…that’s the armor plate clanking. You’re starting to rust up, old man. Your brain is stuck and your joints are sticking.

It all hurts, godamnit. It all hurts.

Of course it does. Did you think your exit would be graceful?

Never thought I’d find myself like this.

Welcome to your age. 


Fuck you....


Oh, and I see you chose our popular “Isolation Option”, affording you the very finest in a solitary exit. Loneliness can be oh-so private!

Don’t need no one.

Of course. That is your choice. This world is of your making. However, You might be more grateful…

Grateful for what?

The opportunity to participate.

That ain’t funny. Mine was a miserable life. I got no one to thank.

You got no one to blame for being so miserable either.

I am. But it ain’t like I called you. You come looking for me.

Misery loves company.

Miserable is right, and You ain’t company. You think yourself a comedian do ya? Pat little answers…jive.

Jive is alive within the pathos of life, my friend. Pulsing blood. Gibberish to mask the pain. Sometimes jive keeps you alive and you just gotta go Ya! Ya!

Past that point where it matters to me.

I can see that. Would you like to leave ahead of schedule?

Is that allowed?

Of course, you know the line, he died ahead of his time?

Yeah?

I’m usually quite prompt, but it’s never ahead of time. It is simply “Time”.

Then Damn you too.

They usually do.
















No comments:

Post a Comment