Saturday, October 26, 2013

It Pays The Bills





I want you to know
the light is on
where I reside
it is not dark
I do not hide
I abide my own rules
no demons to wrestle
no desires gone cold
bright enough to see to write
Whatever I am told
By voices  that come calling
To images that unfold
Eloquent moans from the inderground
Or Feeble musing by the less profound
Vaporous visages
Visiting
Knocking on a noggin
Maybe slow to open
But open just the same

It’s me
The shadow on your window shade
From the light cast by yellow vapor lamps on the blvd
There’s a lot of things a man should regret
Most I’d say is what he’s done to man
How barbarous They are
....okay, we...
...how cruel
and hurtful
and blind
To atrocity
But there are those
Might call it damn-lilly-squat-soft-thought
Or just plain
Victimism.
It’s the cruel view
The world in chaos
Carnivorous calamity
carnal culmination
Cravings
Ravings
Crude Carvings
Crass graffitti
Cave Paintings
Catastrophism

It’s me. I’m not here to cause you trouble
I just go where I’m told
...or land...by accident.
So, relax.
I can drift on down
That way...
follow the lights...
like I was never here
You never saw me,
never heard me through the door
The door you never answered
As I slipped by


I Hushed a whisper

‘The secret to the Secret,
And all the fruit it bore...’

But that whisper went unnoticed
Or was it sadly, just...Ignored ??

Damn man.
You came so close.
So slow to open
your mind.

There’s this guy down the street
Right around the corner
Going to pay him a visit
Much the same as you
Maybe this time he’ll listen
See, I’m his muse, too.
It pays the bills
And the bills are due.








No comments:

Post a Comment