Saturday, January 18, 2014

AT LEAST WE HAVE TONIGHT


Henry? Did you just roar ?
I did. Could you hear that? Was I loud?
King of the jungle…! You feeling frisky?
You bet!
Really?
I could go all day!
Seriously, Henry....
Where shall we go?
Anywhere you'd like…or we could stay right here.
Nooo! We need to get out of the house…some change of place!
You are frisky! What do you have in mind?
What tickles your fancy?
Really?
Of course! This is well needed and overdue!
Would the seashore be too much to ask?
Its a bit of a drive...
We used to run out there when we started. Be nice. If we could...
Funny the long drives were never long enough back then. No aching backs. But if that's what your desire…
It is.
You have proper shoes?
Good enough for the drive, I would hope.
Fine and dandy, but what about once we get there?
We do what comes naturally. Don't need shoes for that.
It may be the ocean but it's a rocky coast if you'll recall, and not some sandy beach in the Caribbean.
So?
I can't let you walk that shore like that.
Fine. We'll just sit on the deck, languish in our room with champagne.
Room? Champagne! Madness!
Wha…When you said you were frisky...?
We need a good trek! A day long hike like the old days! Don't tell me you're not up for it now that I'm all excited!
You once were …when you were….
That's not making sense. Are we going or not?
Of course. Sounds fun.
I'd like to be back by nightfall so we can end the day just right.
Oh?
You bet! There’s a big fight tonight!
Oh...
You alright?
My knee just locked. I'll need to ice. Not looking good for that hike…I can't tell you how disappointed...
Nor I...but at least we have tonight.
That's Right, the fight…
Let me get that ice.
Bring some scotch back with it.
Scotch?! It’s still morning!
The morning of a long day…
I suppose mornings were never off-limits…were they?
No. Not for a lot things…
I’ve just made reservations at the Bayfront…
You did not.
Did too. Right here on the computer. Tomorrow through the weekend.
Henry!
And that “roar”…?
Yes?
It means the same as it’s always meant…
You were teasing me?
Absolutely.
Sooo…Race you up the stairs?
First to the top… ?
Gets atop.
That’s the deal…too late to change it now.
But what about your knee?
Miraculous, isn’t it? Besides you always lag behind…
Funny, that…Ready?
Set?
GO!!!!!
And the weekend was also grand.


No comments:

Post a Comment