Sunday, September 28, 2014

DARLA DIDN'T MAKE IT


Hey now how you doing? Sit your ass down and have a cold one. I was just espoundin’ to my old friend Lou...Lou, from Honolulu….That’s Lou over there…the big Dude.

Dude!

We were just shootin’ the shit about the immigrates. I say if they want to stay here then fine! Hand them a rifle and send ‘em over there and fight these fucking wars we got going. You know, wherever they might be goin’ on. If there's some oil, then there's your war! Hell, we might be sending ‘em back to where they just came from…maybe fighting their own fuckin cousins, but still, man, you want to stay free, you know? …go fight fo’it. You come back a hero, we hand you your papers. You come back in a box?...fukman, you’re still a hero, you know? It’s your name on that wall. Pretty fuckin awesome…ask me. Shitman, I woulda fought if they’da let me, but this neck...? I told you about the wreck, right? That was one cherry bike. I showed you the pictures, right? Well, so-what I can’t turn my head? Shitman, I could be dead. Darla didn’t make it….goddamn…took a header…haunts me still. I told you that story right? How shit-faced we was that night? Yeah, probably a thousand times, right? I won’t bore you with the facts, I’m sure you got them straight by now, but I close my eyes and I see her flyin’…flyin’ on, to oblivion. Haunts me still. Weren’t for that fuck-up I’d probably be dead somewhere like Darla. Hell at least she landed on her home soil, you know? Who the fuck knows where I might’a died? Ain’t that the truth, Lou?

Fuckin’ bet your ass, dude! 

Look at Lou, he woulda fought, too, but his big ass just don't move. You gotta wonder what life’s got in line, sometimes its trouble, sometimes you’re fine.

To you, Lou! From one lucky motherfucker to the other!

No comments:

Post a Comment