Wednesday, January 20, 2016

JUDGEMENT


 
There are places in life...
in my life anyhow...
feels like holes.

I wonder what happened there.

I know I abused,

that's pretty clear,

but an abuse so savage

as to lose track of the light?


And there were women I have forgotten

as hard as I can,

still come back to haunt a man.

Sometimes you pray for

Amnesia,

but it don't come easy. 


Oh the Lord he listens

But what he usually says, is -



"What do you want me to do about it now?  I can't make it right. What you think you did wrong, is up to you. I don't sit in judgment."


But I thought that WAS his job: Judgment. 
What the hell is Judgment Day in that case? Just another make believe holiday? 


He just doesn't care! There IS no Judgment Day! You just die and go away. 


Oh there's some minor administration  but filing clerks do that. They rubber-stamp "Deceased" on a bunch of documents, and fax them off to heaven.


Now, that's not exactly what He told me, but I’ll be damned if He didn't deny it either.





V

No comments:

Post a Comment