Friday, September 9, 2016

MELATONIN

He found his use of melatonin made him melancholy and depressed. 
He did not know what else to prescribe it to, or what else to blame it on. 
They would be dark corners to clings to, and yet without sleep…he shuttered.
The insomnia is relentless. He would spend whole nights, night- after-night, craving it…instead he dealt with not dreaming, not resting, but thrashing, and stirring, and hours of staring at nothing. So best not go ridiculing that which you do not understand. Something I’ve grown to depend on. Do not deprive me of that. I have had enough. And enough said. So, I guess the answer to your question “ do you want to go for espresso?”  Strikes me as absurd.
 Why would I need a jolt of caffeine before bed….even decaf, ….to sleep on….to mess with my head? Ridiculous. But I’ll tag along and have an herb tea….a chamomile might help. Help me sleep. 
Have I mentioned the insomnia?

v

No comments:

Post a Comment