Thursday, March 17, 2016

SIN IS A BITCH

 
Why me? Why come bothering me? I’m too old for this shit, and shits too old for me. Colon cancer. Nothing I can do about it, too late in the game…fourth quarter’s almost over. It’s a blowout.

So I tend to my books, so my records are clean…clear…I meant to say ‘clear’.

( Let me know if you should ever find a human being with a “clean record”, will you? I’ll call you a liar, if I still can. But I’m afraid I don’t have much time to give you, for your search. ) 

As for that record...I doubt it reflected well on me. But the crimes, they were all crimes of passion. There was never anything physical, that is, no physical distress. There was a lot of ‘physical’, to be sure, but never harm. Emotional is another matter. I tried to keep everyone happy, but I couldn’t arrange it. Got complicated…got sloppy…three times got sloppy, and, boy, did it cost me. 

You want the litany, I got all day. I have to assume so anyway…

Young women, two employees and an associate…impressionable, too damn impressionable. They shouldn’t have fallen for my bullshit, but they did. It was just like shooting fish in a barrel, and I held the gun. But eventually the barrel split…shot to hell, and there was a terrible spill. Floundering everywhere. I still held the gun, but it was empty. Spent.


Sonofabitch, the trouble I caused…


So I die alone. Everyone does. Said my goodbyes years ago, but no one listened then, and no one hears me now. Don’t go writing this down. It doesn’t matter. The same mistakes are being made as we speak; Sin is bitch, and she’s ready for anything. Wish I could give it one more ride, but Sin lives on, while those that perpetrate it, perish. 




V


No comments:

Post a Comment