Tuesday, March 15, 2016

THE WORMHOLE


 
It don’t matter much, how we got here. This is either the end of the story, or the beginning. I’ll just have to see how it plays. Does it play out, or does it play on? A strange dilemma, to be sure. I’ve found a dent in my invincibility…a chink in the armor…not much of anything, barely a wormhole, but there just the same. So, my dilemma - do I invite the worm in, or do I patch the hole? You see, this worm knows something, it’s a worldly worm, and it says ‘get outa your skin’. Imagine that, get outa your skin. At first, I was like you, and thought it best to patch and forget it, but this worm had a way of crawling inside your mind and creating a certain havoc. This havoc wasn’t something new, but it was so long ago forgotten. It was akin to panic, to the darker realities, groping for a way out. This worm spoke to me, ‘get outa your skin’. I didn’t know…at first, I thought I was going mad, but came to realize it was a mad world, and none of us is safe, or sane. So why not partake?

Partake in the greed, the gluttony…sadism, and cruelty – get them before they get you? But that would take some great effort…a heroic effort, and for what? I have come to know my invincibility was a sham, my armor, paper thin and full of chinks. Whoa is me, my pride’s been shattered, my ego, strewn upon the rocks by a raging sea, chum for some other bottom feeder to feast upon. But one must have a plan, and tonight, I’ll cozy up to my mescal, ask for the worm’s good graces, and find a way out of this skin I’m in.




V

No comments:

Post a Comment