Monday, August 8, 2016

PAINT THE PORTRAIT

 
Do your best and try not to be Obscure. Step out and become someone. Easy to say, I know, but I also know you got no choice. Either you make the best of your situation, or you fade…or perish. Which will it be? Don’t tell me, I don’t want to know. This is a decision you have to make…an oath you take, when you are ready.

There are days those words ring true, but alas, more for ‘the lesser’. For I never found my fortune, never met my goals, wandered from the path that I never found, and find myself dealing poorly in some
squandered squalid survival.

The ghosts, they come. Not in a dream…voices in the head. They wonder what went wrong, but there is no answer. I opt to shut them out, should they get too loud. Sometimes they do, and I have to wonder…surely someone hears this cacophony? 
But no one does, and would they care or would it just be a wash in the noise around it?
A brushstroke of mud…from a palette of shit...
Alright, I'm ready.
Paint the portrait.



V 

No comments:

Post a Comment